Skip to content
March 19, 2012 / carriebee

A robot backpack

I thought Isaac needed a toddler backpack, now that he’s moved up to the toddler room at day care. I used the Made By Rae pattern and some imported Japanese robot fabric that I picked up on sale this winter.

backpack

I am super happy with how this turned out, it could not be cuter :)

I made just a few modifications to the pattern: making the side panels in the same fabric as the bottom, making the backpack 1/2 inch wider so that his lunch tin can sit flat in the bottom of the backpack, and I used a lot of interfacing to make sure the bag keeps its shape. I put two pieces of pellon 50 in the bottom, which I whip-stitched to the seam allowances before sewing the lining in. For the front and back panels I quilted a piece of pellon 50 and a piece of quilt batting to the outside fabric, and a piece of quilt batting to the lining fabric. Hopefully all this interfacing means the bag lasts through preschool. We’ll see!

 

 

 

 

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: